To lead practical operations for operating and maintaining the first Mobile Automated Spiral-wound Intelligent Pipe (MASiP) machine for development and commercial operations, including the development and potentially the oversight of future teams of operators.
The role, reporting to COO.
The role is site based near Malton, N Yorkshire . This is a new site being developed as a pipeline technology hub. The role includes ensuring that SPS operates and maintains MASiP pipe manufacturing for field use, starting with the first machine training in a sub-contractors factory and then into the field based location.
This is expected to include;
- Install, set to work, commission and operate the MASiP system in the field, comprising liner feed, steel forming and winding, fibre and environmental coating winding, swaging, mobile generation and associated control systems.
- Responsibility for all aspects of safe machine operation, maintenance and operator supervision and training.
- Help develop SPS safe working operational and maintenance procedures using OEM manuals and design information.
- Operational installation at site of the MASiP machine and ancillaries, building on OEM engineering developments in a safe and compliant manner.
- Help organise safe and effective site based operational acceptance testing and plan set up for manufacturing fabricated pipes.
- Provide operational support to Engineering Manager for technology demonstrations and pressure and bend tests on sites in the UK
- Develop SPS stock and maintenance records for machine parts and consumables.
- Work with engineering support sub contractor on improvements and machine mobility.
- Assess and deliver viable operating strategies for multiple field systems – eg Europe, US, India Middle East` to input into production machine design development.
- Develop and maintain SPS QA and QC operational records under the guidance of the overall QA system
- Take direct responsibility for the QC of all manufactured pipe sections.
Inevitably the role will be multifaceted, including significant hands on work and the above list is intended to be indicative not exclusive.
- HNC qualifications plus apprenticeship and factory-based experience.
- Experience with mechanical/electro-mechanical and large machine operations experience, might also suit experienced machine systems commissioning Engineer.
- Expertise with a range of large machine (typically >10te weight) including transport, development and operation experience – fork lift certification would be an advantage.
- Up to date knowledge of the implementation of Health and Safety at Work Act and Regulations, PUWER 98 Regulations, Factories Act, European Machinery Directives 2014/30 & 35 /EG as amended for Brexit.
- Some experience of pipeline installation is desirable but not essential
- Ability to act as Site Manager.
- Capability with electronics engineering and practical installation– e.g. control systems, able to set up monitoring systems (and splice telecoms cable would be an advantage).
- Flexible working
- Self starter
- Problem solver with close attention to detail and desire to optimise the most effective solution.